A part-time position is available in the Construction & Design Department at Schoolcraft College in Livonia, Michigan.
Integrated Design Solutions and Schoolcraft College are interested in a CAD Technician professional with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience. CAD experience is necessary. This is an open position with availability starting in January 2020.
This position will be located at the Schoolcraft College Main Campus on Haggerty Road in Livonia, Michigan and report directly to the Schoolcraft College Construction & Design Supervisor.
The Designer will work on a variety of assignments ranging from active project through maintaining official records on facility building assets. Independent work assignments, supported by collaboration with Construction & Design staff and other College personnel, will be common. The Designer will also work with Schoolcraft College Construction & Design Project Managers; Facilities Management; Police; Purchasing; as well as contracted Architects, Consultants, Contractors and Vendors. High quality, accurate CAD software deliverables and building base file/model maintenance actions are the primary expectations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Involvement preparing architectural and engineering drawings for in-house renovation projects using AutoCAD and/or REVIT software. Creating deliverables for in-house bid packages.
- With primary direction from Construction & Design Architectural Coordinator/Graphic Data Manager, assist in maintaining record drawings using AutoCAD, REVIT and ArcGIS software. Help maintain CAD drawings of College building maps.
- Creates CAD standards, title blocks, drawing symbols, legends, etc. using practices recognized by the construction industry and with the intent of improving drawing output and quality.
- Aide in ensuring projects are designed in compliance with College and governmental regulations and standards (IBC, Life Safety, ADA, etc.).
- Create space renderings for active design projects at request of College executives. These renderings would be self-produced or through working with project’s architect.
- Reproduces and sends/delivers requested documents to College personnel, consultants, contractors, vendors, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Intermediate to advanced drafting proficiency working specifically with AutoCAD and REVIT.
- Knowledge of commercial construction documents and that industry’s CAD standards.
- Intermediate experience working with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint software.
- Self-disciplined time management with respect to meeting task deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Experience working with ArcGIS, 20/20 CAP or CET software would be beneficial.
- Higher Education degree or certificate in Architecture, Engineering or Construction related field or 5 years commercial construction drafting experience.
- 5 years minimum AutoCAD experience in 2D application.
- 3 years minimum experience with REVIT in 2D and 3D rendering applications.
- Experience with construction document terminology, application and interpretation is a must.
Integrated Design Solutions is always looking for the best! We’re forever looking to be impressed by service focused, committed to excellence, artistic individuals. Show us why you would make a great addition to our team!
Please direct your resume, portfolio or questions to: email@example.com